Odyssey - I Got The Melody (1981) - €7,99

First formed as the Lopez Sisters (Carmen, Lillian, and Louise) in 1968, Carmen dropped out and Tony Reynolds (a Manilla native) joined to form Odyssey.
After performances in New York clubs, they hit it big in 1977 with the soft disco cuts "Native New Yorker" and "Easy Come, Easy Go."
Their music had a subtle Caribbean feel, and while their U.S. hits soon dried up, they had a few more hits in the U.K. before the group fell apart.
1981’s ‘I Got The Melody’ was Odyssey’s fourth studio album and kicks off with the uplifting title track ‘I Got The Melody’. The ambitious ‘Roots Suite’ contains a good, hit making version of ‘Going Back To My Roots’, ‘Hold On To Your Love’ is a decent modern soul dancer while ‘Baby That’s All I Want’ is a more laid back groover.


Side A
A1. I Got The Melody - 4:06
A2. Roots Suite - 9:47
      (a) Ajomora
      (b) Going Back To My Roots
      (c) Bawa Awa
A3. I Can’t Keep Holding Back My Love - 3:45

Side B
B1. Baby That’s All I Want - 3:59
B2. It Will Be Alright - 4:32
B3. Oh No Not My Baby - 3:37
B4. Hold On To Love - 3:58


Companies, etc.

Credits

Notes
Release: 1981
Format: LP
Genre: Soul / Disco
Label: RCA Victor Records
Catalog# PL 13910
Prijs: €7,99

Vinyl: VG
Cover: VG

http://www.ad-vinylrecords.com/product/odyssey-i-got-the-melody-lp/

0 comments:

Een reactie posten