Eddie Rabbitt - Horizon (LP) (1980) - €4,99

Edward Thomas Rabbitt (November 27, 1941 – May 7, 1998) was an American country music singer and songwriter. 
His career began as a songwriter in the late 1960s, springboarding to a recording career after composing hits such as "Kentucky Rain" for Elvis Presley in 1970 and "Pure Love" for Ronnie Milsap in 1974. Later in the 1970s, Rabbitt helped to develop the crossover-influenced sound of country music prevalent in the 1980s with such hits as "Suspicions", "I Love a Rainy Night" (a number-one hit single on the Billboard Hot 100), and "Every Which Way but Loose" (the theme from the film of the same title). His duets "Both to Each Other (Friends and Lovers)" with Juice Newton and "You and I" with Crystal Gayle later appeared on the soap operas Days of Our Lives and All My Children

Horizon
is the sixth studio album of country artist Eddie Rabbitt. It was released in 1980 under the Elektra Records label. 
The album produced two singles, both of which reached number one on country charts. 
The lead-off single "Drivin' My Life Away" reached number 5 on the Billboard 100 and 9 the Adult Contemporary chart. 
The other single, "I Love a Rainy Night" reached number one on all three charts, the only single in Rabbitt's career to ever do so. 

This is Rabbitt's rockabilly release. "I Love a Rainy Night" and "Drivin' My Life Away" set the pace for side one: Sun-inspired, guitar-based productions, heavy on the echo. 
Side two is a bit ballad-heavy, though most of the tracks stand up well individually. "That's Just the Way It Is" is something of a forerunner for "Someone Could Lose a Heart Tonight." 


Side one
1.  I Love A Rainy Night - 3:08 
2.  747 - 3:05 
3.  Drivin' My Life Away - 3:14 
4.  Short Road To Love - 2:36 
5.  Rockin' With My Baby - 2:27 

Side two
1.  I Need To Fall In Love Again - 2:30 
2.  So Deep In Your Love - 3:23 
3.  What Will I Write - 2:59 
4.  Pretty Lady - 3:25 
5.  Just The Way It Is - 3:43 

Personnel

As listed in liner notes

String arrangements by Randy McCormick and Larry Muhoberac


Notes
Release:  1980
Format:  LP
Genre:  Country
Label:  Elektra Records
Catalog#  6E276

Vinyl:  Goed
Cover:  Lichte Gebruikerssporen

Prijs: €4,99

0 comments:

Een reactie posten