Shirley Bassey - Burn My Candle (1976)

Twenty Years have passed since the earliest recording on this album, “Burn My Candle”, and those years have probaly seen more honours bestowed on Shirley Bassey than any other female singer in British show business history.

The hitrecords have been mere milestones in the lady´s well-documented career.

 
Here´s a reminder of the early Bassey, a great talent even in those formative years, 20 years ago. The tracks on this album, such as: ("Burn My Candle" b/w "Stormy Weather", The Birth of the Blues", "My Funny Valentine" and "The Banana Boat Song") were the results of her first recording sessions with highly-respected producer John Franz (who was later to be responsible for the success of such names as Dusty Springfield, The Walker Brothers and Peters and Lee).  

And there´s an added bonus “My  Body Is More Important Than My Mind” which was recorded live before an audience at the late lamented Café de Paris in Piccadilly.

Side A
A1.  Burn My Candle
A2.  Stormy Weather
A3.  How About You
A4.  Birth Of The Blues
A5.  There's Never Been A Night
A6.  My Funny Valentine
   
Side B
B1.  St. Louis Blues
B2.  The Gypsy In My Soul    
B3.  Beale Street Blues
B4.  My Body's More Important Than My Mind
B5.  You, You Romeo
B6.  The Banana Boat Song
 
Credits
Producer – John Franz

Notes
"Electronically Created Stereo"
"My Body's More Important Than My Mind" is recorded live at the Cafe de Paris, London.
Genre: Pop / Jazz / Easy Listening
© 1976 Contour Records, Manufactured & Distributed By Pickwick International Inc.


available at:  www.ad-vinylrecords.com

 

0 comments:

Een reactie posten